Meghan Markle No Longer Being Considered To Join Netflix’s ‘The Gentlemen,’ Report Says

Aug 23, 2026 06:35 AM - 1 hour ago 1
The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex Visit Australia - Day 3

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 16: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, visits Batyr, a intelligence wellness engagement programme, astatine Swinburne University of Technology successful Hawthorn connected time 3 of the royal travel pinch Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex connected April 16, 2026 successful Melbourne, Australia. The Scar Tree Walk is simply a travel connecting accepted and modern Aboriginal cultures and histories of the Kulin Nation. The royal mates are connected a four-day sojourn to Australia, pinch engagements crossed Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney. (Photo by Jonathan Brady-Pool/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Meghan Markle’s aspirations to return to acting successful head Guy Ritchie’s Netflix bid The Gentlemen person apparently been dashed.

Markle, whose acting credits see the bid Suits, was successful the “very early stages” of talks to subordinate the 3rd play of the crime comedy, though Netflix has yet to renew the show, Deadline reported connected Friday.

On Saturday, Tina Brown — the erstwhile editor-in-chief of The New Yorker and Vanity Fair — said the thought of casting the Duchess of Sussex successful the bid was not moving forward.

ForbesMeghan Markle In Talks To Join Netflix’s ‘The Gentlemen,’ Reports SayBy Conor Murray

“I learned this greeting that the casting of Meghan Markle successful play 3 of Guy Ritchie’s Netflix bid The Gentlemen has been withdrawn,” Brown wrote successful her Fresh Hell file connected Substack. “The backlash successful the UK was truthful intense, it became untenable to spell forward. This does not bode good for Meghan’s acting comeback successful the UK. More to come.”

Brown’s file follows reports from earlier this week, erstwhile Prince Harry and Markle announced that they would beryllium leaving Hollywood and moving their family backmost to the U.K.

NEW YORK, NY - JUNE 12: (L-R) Rick Hoffman, Patrick J. Adams, Meghan Markle, Sarah Rafferty, Gina Torres and Gabriel Macht of Suits be USA Network and Mr Porter.com Present "A Suits Story" connected June 12, 2012 successful New York, United States. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for NBCUniversal/USA Network)

getty

Markle’s past lead acting domiciled was successful Suits, a ineligible drama, successful which she starred arsenic Rachel Zane other Gabriel Macht’s Harvey Spencer and Patrick J. Adams’ Mike Ross. Markle appeared successful 108 episodes of the bid complete 7 seasons, from 2011 to 2018.

Markle joined Prince Harry connected May 19, 2018. Prior to Suits, Markle, 45, appeared successful specified films arsenic Dysfunctional Friends (2010), Horrible Bosses (2011), Random Encounters (2013) and Anti-Social (2015).

Note: This is simply a processing story. Please refresh this page for updates.

Forbes‘The Odyssey’ Streaming Date Is Set After Film Reaches Box Office MilestoneBy Tim Lammers

More